Project Rules : Safety
* Electrical components such as switches and wiring are to be of an approved variety. Projects requiring 110 volt electricity must make use of three-pronged plug to fit polarized receptacles.
* No water or gas sources are available.
* Exhibits incorporating any equipment involving lasers or the spreading of harmful radiation must adhere to special provincial regulations. Approval for such use is given by the Chief Inspector, Radiation Protection Service.
Contact the HWHSEF Committee for further details.
* No living vertebrate animals shall be displayed in exhibits in Science Fairs.
* The HWHSEF requires that all research involving vertebrate animals, human subjects, tissue or DNA be approved by the Scientific Review Committee prior to
experimentation. Contact the HWHSEF Judge-in-Chief for more information.
* Click here to view the full Safety Checklist.